Friday, March 21, 2008

daddy

I love my daughter! It is so amazing how she grows and learns every moment. Tonight before I put her in the bed, I laid her on the couch. I started making faces and anything that might make her laugh. Then it happened she giggled, and we kept going back and forth for a while...it was so great!

I love to hear her laugh! That is what I waited for...to see her smile and laugh. And I started thinking, God must love the same thing. He loves to see you smile and to see you laugh. He loves you.

There is also something else that I have learned being a new parent. It is that you can somehow recognize your kid screaming out of no where. It is almost like a spider sense of spiderman. There can be a bunch of different noises going and somehow you can hear your kid crying. Even other kids can be crying and you can somehow single your child out.

The great thing it is true about God as well! No matter what is going on...God hears our cries...He hears our prayers. When we think that no one hears us and we feel all alone...know that He hears you and He is always there with you. When you pray, He is listening. He knows your face and name.

I heard these verses the other day. And to be honest I had heard it a thousand times before, but I had never really grasped it.

{Matthew 7:9-11}
9) "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10) Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11) If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

That made me think. If my daughter ask for food, I would give her food. I would want to make sure that she is taken care of. Even with me and all my failures and being human, I want to give her good things. Then God, who is pure and holy, the ultimate of good and love, will give you good gifts and all you have to do is ask! Isn't that amazing! He is the creator of Heaven and earth, the King of Kings and He will give you whatever you need!


Do you know that He is crazy about you? I mean I love my daughter and I take joy to see her happy. So take that and multiply it by 1 billion, that is how God feels about you.

Love makes you do crazy things.

I have this friend, that one time he wanted to show his "love" for his then girlfriend in junior high...so he decided to sing the Boyz to Men songs over the phone to her. Now needless to say we never let him live that down...but it is true love makes you do crazy things.

I have also heard stories about people who gave all of their wealth away, and moved to another country and to take care of the poor. They just knew that they had to do it. They are crazy in love.

And it made God so crazy that He sent His only begotten son to earth. Let Him be crucified, so that we might be able to have life, and life to the abundant.

Jesus left His place in Heaven and took our place on the cross. He died and went through Hell and took the keys of death...so that we would be spared. He took our curse by hanging on the tree.

All because of love...

So may you know that you have a daddy in Heaven. He rejoices over you, sings over you while you sleep, when you rise and when you fall...He never stops loving you!!!

and the beauty of it all is that you can never do or say anything to lose it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I think about it all the time. How God gets joy and pleasure out of our lives, in the things that we do. I love sitting back and watching Gavin and Tristan have fun, laugh, and act goofy. It makes me happy, makes me laugh, and brings me joy. Its at those times that I think about my life doing the same thing with God.

I think it makes it extremely hard for people to fully comprehend God without being a parent themselves. For me, it puts a lot of his character and his love into perspective.