Tuesday, October 16, 2007

barbarian's way and new love for books

As of right now I am reading a book that Billy let me borrow. It is called the "Barbarian's Way" by Erwin Mcmanus. This is really a great book. It just energizes you and you feel that you could start a church if you want to. It lights a fire in your heart. It just is a raw look at the call of Christ.

I find myself reading more books too. I usually never would really read a book, unless it was for school (even then...uh not so much...I loved cliff notes...) I am slowly starting to build my library of books. I tend to first go for those small books. You know the ones with the small pages and such. Example would be "the secrets of the vine", the small ones catch my eye. They do not seem so scary. I think "I can read this and I can read this really quick too"...or "maybe it could be read in one bathroom sitting". (Sometimes I even see if the book is available in audio format, to make it a little easier.)

Never the less I will say I have read some books that do have some volume to them. I admit though that I am not a quick reader. So it may take me a little while. I have gotten the occasional response from friends, " Are you still reading that?...or "Was it that good that you wanted to read it again?"

Maybe soon I will have read enough books to actually fill up a shelf on a bookcase.

No comments: