Saturday, September 15, 2007

encouraging story

I read this short story a while back and I thought I would share it. I thought it might encourage and lift your spirits.

There once was this famous golfer, who got asked by a famous royal king over seas in Saudi Arabia, to come over and spend some time playing golf together. The golfer agreed and flew over and spent a week with the king.

Once the week had come to a close, it was time for the golfer to fly back home. Though the king wanted to give him something as a thank you gift for coming and spending the week with him.

The king asked, "What is there that I can give you, that would express how grateful I am that you came to visit me?"

The golfer said, "You have been nothing but gracious for letting me spend time with you. You really do not have to give me anything."

The king once again asked, "I mean it. I really want to give you something, asked for anything...up to half my kingdom and I will give it to you."

The golfer saw that the king was not backing down at this time.

So the golfer responded, " Golf clubs. I try to collect rare and unusual golf clubs."

So the king agreed. The golfer got back on his plane for his ride back to the states. On the way home thoughts filled his head about what kind of golf clubs the king of Saudi Arabia might get him.

Maybe a diamond studded putter or even a solid gold driver. The possibilities were endless.

Once the golfer got home, he found himself waiting by the window for his package from the king to come.

Days went by...Weeks went by...

Then at the end of the month a letter adressed to him came in the mail. "Where is my diamond studded putter?", he wondered.

He opened the letter and to his amazement it was a certified deed to the largest golf course in the United States. The king had purchased an expensive and large golf course for him to own!

The lesson...

Kings think differently than we do. They think bigger! And Friends we serve the King of Kings. He can do abundantly more than we can ever think or imagine!

Think big!!!

No comments: