Monday, June 30, 2008

grace

Grace. For some reason it seems this is what God has been trying to teach me through this time. And it seems the more that I try to learn, the more I am blown away of how much I don't really know about it.

For those of you who don't know, my wife had a miscarriage and lost our 13 week old little boy. It hit me hard, I shed a good bit of tears. And for some weird reason the word 'grace' and 'mercy' kept coming up.

Even though I don't think I will ever really understand it on this side of heaven, it was a true picture of God's grace and mercy. For we may have never really known if there may have been something drastically wrong with our child, something that maybe we couldn't handle...and God in His infinite wisdom allowed our baby to go home to heaven. Free from the pain of this world.

There is so much that I can say and it might actually end up being too much. All I can say is never stop being "amazed" by grace or mercy. For it is the very fiber of our Christian being.

We named him Aden (abudant grace) Nathanael (gift from the Lord) Kerr.

No comments: