Wednesday, May 16, 2007

fearfully and wonderfully made


"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them."---{psalm 139-13:16}
Wow! This is a first glimpse of me and my wife's child... a little girl to be exact. Sitting in the doctor's office while they were doing the sonogram, it just took a little while to sink in. There it was up on the screen. A human being being formed in its mother's womb. Where we all start from...
I take a look at other pictures, and I can see the spine, the skull, and even the toes and fingers. (they are real tiny!!!) To think...that God was so gracious, and His endless glory made us as humans able to reproduce life. He saw this baby before it was even in the womb. Knit it together, with all it would need to complete His plan. He even had all the days of her life written out, all before she was made.
Before I hold my baby girl in my hands...she was held in the hands of the almighty God. Creator of Heaven and Earth. How gracious He is to allow me and my wife the privelage of having this child.
Don't get me wrong. At times I get nervous. I wonder if I will be able to provide. Then I come back to those verses and then look at that sonogram. He knows what He is doing. He had this all planned in advance. (He even knows what I need before I even ask! )
Can't wait to see what will happen...
To think that is how we all started out at one time...a baby in a womb...knit together by the Lord almighty. He put in you everything you would ever need. Had your days written out. He loves you...He held you first...and when you fall He holds you then, He holds you when you sleep, and one day in heaven... He will hold you in His arms again!
No matter what media tells you, no matter what the world tells you...let it fall on deaf ears. You are fearfully and wonderfully made!

1 comment:

Gary said...

Having children will put a whole new perspective on life and your relationship with your heavenly Father...... seems it's already begun!
Congratulations to the both of you.